Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dear Voices in My Head...


I feel so lost and so confused.  My head is aching, my mind is numb.  What has happened to me?  I used to be so happy, a long time ago.    I’m not the first person out there who has become a slave to my eating disorder.  So why am I so alone?  In a society where this is so common why am I too afraid to reach out?  In a so-called ‘accepting’ civilization, we – the eating-disordered people - have become the lepers of society.
 
The problem is, how could any ‘normal’ person understand why we do the things we do?  I feel like a crazy person!  I just want the voices to stop – stop telling me I’m fat, stop telling me I’m ugly, stop ruling my life!  Every day I wake up and think, ‘today I will be ok’.   But it’s never ok.  I AM NOT OK!  

In a world where everyone is trying to be different, I ache to be NORMAL!  I see people eating food as if it’s nothing and I’m so insanely jealous.  I want to eat until I’m full and not feel like a fat pig.  I want to stop obsessively thinking about food ALL THE TIME!   And I want to feel comfortable in my body.  Mostly, I want to be able to LOVE myself.

I feel like I’m missing out on this wonderful life I could be living.  I see the all beautiful things on this earth, I see that there are some amazing people out there and I KNOW that it’s possible to be unbelievably happy.  I don’t want to be a slave anymore.  

So this is me, saying that I AM SICK OF YOU, VOICES IN MY HEAD!    I KNOW YOU WON’T STOP TALKING TO ME, BUT NOW I’M TALKING BACK.   

Regards,
Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment